Monday, August 18, 2008

Bryan, top marks for not trying...

The shower went by fast. I also heard it went well. I was covered in a mountain of presents. No, really, look:
I am adequately equipped for the little guy's arrival. Now if only I had somewhere to store him. It's just so convenient to have him in utero for the moment.

I think the Baby Daddy and I are getting a car tomorrow. I know we're test driving, as long as my dad doesn't get out of work too late. I think I might force Steve to go without him if we need to. He just feels more comfortable having someone who knows about cars with us. I can definitely agree with that. How are we supposed to know what a proper car should drive like when we've been saddled with that rusty ol' van for so long?

The boobs and belly are ever-expanding. :( I wish I could kind of put a hold on them. It's getting hard to do much of anything. My feet itching like crazy aren't helping matters either. I'm getting to be the angry pregnant lady I've tried not to be. It's just hard for me to relax when everyone else is all walking around fiddling with whatever. I need some damn patience, and quick. There will soon be a little boy with even less than I have now. I need to provide a good example.

For anyone wanting to look at shower pictures, check out my facebook or myspace. They're all up there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hardly a mountain, more like a small plateau.

HeartofGoldPlate said...

There was a whole other half to the table. Plus, that was after I had opened a few.

The boyfriend is an only child, and is surrounded by women who like to spoil him. I get the best of both worlds, because he's the third stooge on my side and the first great and regular type grandbaby on the other side.

Clay Perry said...

looks like it was a good time, wish we could've been there... i could've married you guys.. that would've been a great baby shower ending...

Clay Perry said...

btw, splain title?

C.S. Perry said...

Babies do have patience.
The trouble is...it lasts exactly nine months.

HeartofGoldPlate said...

the title is from an arctic monkeys song, and it's my son's middle name. Except in the song it's spelled Brian. It's about a guy who's just cool and stuff is just handed to him, and even when you want to hate him you can't. :D