Monday, August 25, 2008

An hour and a half!

I mean seriously, how long should a doctor's visit take? No. Wait. The visit only took about 20 minutes. The wait was the hour and a half. Gotta love medical coverage funded by the guv'mint.

Anybody ever watch Rome on HBO? Steve wanted season 1 for his birthday and I got it for him. He then made me watch it. I'm glad he did. Lucius Vorenus is amazing. I heart him.

Sorry, got side-tracked. The visit was relatively uneventful. They measured my belly, swabbed for the "bad bacteria" that could be occupying places it shouldn't, and checked the bean's heartbeat. First it was 129, which is on the low end. After he woke up and moved a bit it was in the 130s. The doc said sometimes boys' heartbeats can be on the lower end of the spectrum. The other day my friend Liz was saying they think her brother's kid is going to be a boy because the heartbeat was so fast.

These old wives are more hypocritical than most politicians.

I do hold out hope for a baby with a full head of hair, on account of the massive heartburn. (more like entire chest cavity burn! Jeez.) When I was pregnant the first time my friend TJ (who is currently with Steve's ex) said Steve's ex had a dream where I had a toddler with the greenest eyes she's ever seen. Dark hair and green eyes are always good. Too bad Steve and I both had really light hair when we were younger.

Ok, enough baby day dreaming. He's going to be out any day now. The doc asked if I had noticed the mucus plug at all. It made me nervous thinking how close I really am now. No mucus plug yet, so I think I've at least got until September. I know he's not going to be the only person with whatever birthday he ends up getting. I just hope he doesn't come out on a day that belongs to someone I know personally. I just really need to make it past the 2nd and 3rd. (Ha! both of those belong to Joes!)

I'm excited for the baby picture blog. I'm hoping DexterBean isn't already taken. :D

Also, my friends drive my crazy sometimes. That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sept.2 is our Bryan's birthday.
I too think a baby should have their own birthday.People wish for babies to be born on certain days.
When Dexter/Bean/Hobo want to be born he will make his appearance.
We can't wait!!
Pretty soon we will have our 3rd great grandson.
xo
G

Betty BeadBug said...

Just think...pretty soon someone else can help you carry him around. It won't be long so enjoy the quiet while it lasts. xo