Waitin for a train I was feelin' near as faded as my jeans. Steve and I got to talking about this slime bucket he used to work with. This guy told everyone about this ulcer he had. He was seeing this girl who worked at the checkout. They went on vacations and got hotel rooms and everything. Then they found out he is married and his wife is the one with the ulcer. Not him.
I told Steve acting like that would be a sure fire way to get the baby and I out of the picture. I kind of felt sick even joking with threats of taking his baby away. And that's a justifiable case. If anyone threatens to take away a child to get their way then I feel bad for the kid.
Humans aren't supposed to be used as something to barter with. Humans aren't supposed to grovel. If you make your significant other or parents or whoever do so in fear of losing contact with someone who is rightfully theirs too, you are a slave owner. I really don't like steve's dad, and I try my best to ignore him, but I would never forbid him from seeing Dex. I wouldn't dangle the ability to be near Dex and I in front of Steve to try and make him not speak to his dad either. They're family. He really does try to be there for Steve.
I know a couple people who seem to be locked in by significant others who threaten to take their child away, or just continue to threaten to leave.
To the significant others being threatened, remember:
Nothin don't mean nothin darlin if you ain't free.
You like my furry hood? I feel I may be overdressed for the desert
-
[image: Cholla Cactus]
11 years ago

5 comments:
Things have been a bit crazy, haven't they?
Aren't they always? :(
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose.
And that's the trick I think...when you don't have anyhting to lose, who cares what happens? It's only when the important things turn up...like a baby...that the stakes get so high.
Sometimes in this life...your hands get tied.
That song is perpetually stuck in my head now. It's borderline maddening. Maybe I just need to go karaoke it out of my system. Next time I come there you'll have to play and I'll have to sing it.
yeah...and those offspring things complicate everything. :(
Oh my goodness...I guess it wasn't exactly clear who this was about, was it?
Post a Comment