Friday, August 15, 2008

Family weekends

You know what that means, plenty of heated tempers and ovens and temperatures. Nowhere near enough time to really enjoy any of it.

I will go crazy before this shower. It will happen. If I'm lucky I'll get past it and still have a good time tomorrow. I think I've got near 30 folks that have rsvp'd a yes. That could mean I'll end up with 10 folks. Oh well, more food and drink for everyone.

I really, really, really wish that names didn't mean so damn much. They can call him dirtbag as long as they do it with compassion in their voices.

I'm so sick of all the stupid drama.

2 comments:

Clay Perry said...

take a deep breath & enjoy the madness, roll in the fervor, drink in the drama, tell those who have problems with names to take a deep breath & hold it, then walk away... have fun, its the first time & you will/must enjoy it!!! tell them all you're naming him cleophus jones and dressing him in mid seventies 'brother' fashions only....

Betty BeadBug said...

Breathe, breathe! I know the panic is setting in and as much as you love them all right now there are just to many of them. It will be ok, I promise. Years from now you will look back and think how lucky you were that you all got to come together and celebrate Bean's impending arrival. Memories you can share with him. Let him know that family, present and far away, were already in love with him and couldn't think of a better way to let you all know that than to throw a party to celebrate.
I love you.