I'm on the Medical Word Building "module" of the online course I've taken up. It's made for some fun, some wtfs in regard to my typing skills, and lots of note taking.
Also, people who make up medical words have no regard for what everyone else says the words mean. :[
Examples:
Hexadactylism. What, as in 6 flying dinosaur syndrome? No such luck, avid readers. Apparently dactyl is in reference to finger or toe. There's nothing Ptero about it. I find it hard to believe Pterodactyl means flying finger or toe.
Going by first instinct, as someone who doesn't read the dictionary recreationally, I would assume Craniocervical is someone with their head up their... well, cervix? No way, Jose. Apparently cervic is in reference to neck.
So far my favorite little gems I've come across are coccygeal. I'm also rather fond of colporrhaphy. But that has more to do with me remembering it as Corporal Harpy.
I'm liking it a lot. I'm enjoying knowing I'm going to be able to bring some money in and not have to spend any on someone watching my son.
Marengo tomorrow!
P.S. Discogenic is probably nowhere near as fun as it sounds...
You like my furry hood? I feel I may be overdressed for the desert
-
[image: Cholla Cactus]
11 years ago

4 comments:
Jacquest Erythema, dont let it happen to bean
ok, so my working knowledge right now tells me that has something to do with something being red...
I remember that weekend we had that was so discogenic parts of it are still blurry.....
I just love medical terminology. It's just as funny to me as Asians trying to translate things into English.
Post a Comment