Do all 3 of you avid readers know what really sucks? I am more excited than I've ever been about his arrival, and it's going to be heralded by pain. I know nothing of the extent or duration or time it will begin. I just have to sit here, and judge every slink and slide of his. I have to nitpick and think "is this my water bag leaking? or the normal things pregnant ladies tend to leak?" (apologies for the gross outs, but pregnant ladies leak a lot of things. Get over it.)
He's big now, and when gravity has it's way with him, sometimes it feels like my whole stomach is getting tight. My lower back keeps slightly aching and then fading away and slightly aching again. I seem to have no appetite for food or sleep. It comes and goes so fleetingly I miss the jump on point.
My doctor didn't even check if I'm dilated or anything, so I still have to just assume he's making his way downward. (much to the disdain of my poor cervix).
If I weren't so sensitive to smells, I'd have a bucket right next to the bed, or even a bedpan. I don't care if the room is across the hall or upstairs, the pain involved in walking to the toilet after having held it while I slept four hours or so is agonizing enough to wake me up.
At least when he does finally make his appearance I won't be shellshocked by the sudden lack of sleep.
Wish me luck. I've been slacking on so much lately.
You like my furry hood? I feel I may be overdressed for the desert
-
[image: Cholla Cactus]
11 years ago

3 comments:
Nothing wrong with a bucket...
But then if it's heavy at all someone else has got to carry it to empty it. :(
it wont be long now, hang in there... you never know how it will go, could be quick, im sure whatever happens you can handle it. people been doin' it for a few years now... if they can make it, so can you...
Post a Comment