Sunday, September 28, 2008

Surviving the first night with the tea kettle

It was just me and the Bean last night. I went through the entire range of post-pregnancy emotions. I worried he was too hot. I worried his circumcision was infected, or that he was in dire pain after kicking himself in the junk.


I changed a diaper of his for the first (and second, and third) time. He has this squeal like a well-heated tea kettle. He hates being undressed in the worst way. If I had an open sore on my genitalia I probably would dread people messing with it too.


I kind of just want to cry all the time, but I think that's mainly a combination of being tired and healing from surgery and not knowing what the hell I'm doing with this little guy. I keep telling myself how much fun he'll be in the coming months and years, and I keep ignoring the thoughts that it's never going to be the same. Ever.


Thankfully, Steve seems to really like the little guy. He's also the best partner I could have ever picked and I have no idea how I lucked out and snagged him.



3 comments:

Betty BeadBug said...

Oh honey...go ahead and cry! It is normal to feel like crying through the whole newborn thing as it is...sleep deprivation, worry, adjustment and you add in recovering from surgery and I can't see why you wouldn't from time to time, ok?
I love the photos. Tell Steve if he is exhausted it is hidden in that smile that lights up his whole face. Takes my breath a little with it's sweetness...along with the other one.

Anonymous said...

Sweetie what you are going through is perfectly normal.
Welcome to mommyhood.You are going through a lot of things moms go through,it's just new to you.Just follow your instints.YOU WILL BE FINE.You are blessed with Steve who loves you and Dex with everything in him.
I can just hear you singing to your baby.He is also not to young to tell him a story.
We can't wait to hold him and tell him about life and the world around him.It's what we've done with all of you.
We love the pictures of father and son.You can see and feel the love.
xo
G & G

Patrick said...

You were pregnant, my god where have I been? Did i just zone out for the last 9-10 months.