Monday, September 29, 2008

On second thought...

He was an absolute dream last night. He woke up once. Once! I was up more than he was, checking to make sure he was still breathing. I worry that he's not getting enough to eat, since he's been sleeping through feeding times. The most concrete and similar advice I've heard from the masses of mothers has been to let sleeping babies lie. I'll have to see when he goes to the doctor today or tomorrow.

Reason #123 I kind of hate my hospital: I needed to be going to see a doctor and Dexter does too, today, and I wasn't informed of that until saturday. :[

I feel better and better every day, and besides some itching around my belly incision and back pain I'm almost human again.

Now, my son beckons and I need to straighten up a little before my friend Krista gets here. It's kind of a tornado of baby stuff.


Go check out my other blog! It's the picture-a-day one I was talking about making. http://dexterbaby.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Betty BeadBug said...

Awesome...seriously though unless the doctor tells you otherwise don't, don't, don't wake him up. Also, if you remember, or read this before you go, ask about the alcohol and the umbilical cord. Then you will feel better about it regardless what anyone else says.
I knew Bean would be a sweet boy.

C.S. Perry said...

Never, ever wake up a sleeping baby. When he's hungry...he'll eat.
And try not to kiss him too much. I drive my boy crazy with constant kisses.
But I can't help it.

Anonymous said...

It is good for Dex to sleep.He will let you know when he is hungry or needs changing.After a few days he will more or less fall into a schedule of his own.
I'm glad you are feeling better.Itching is said to be a sign of healing and remember no scratching.
Love the pictures of Dex.
xo
G

Anonymous said...

Be thankful!