Nothing seems to be ready yet. I still don't know if I'm going to stay at my mom's for a couple weeks right after. Steve will be off on vacation for the first week, and we'll probably just stay cooped up in the house. It would definitely be nice to have a bunch of people around who have had experience with babies recently. I think I might stay there his first night or so. I can't make Steve lay on that uncomfortable bed much longer than that.
I can definitely feel the little bugger getting all ready to go. I can barely walk without constantly feeling like I have to pee. It's making me extra crazy because I can't seem to sleep more than 4 hours at a time. I end up having to pee so bad it hurts and wakes me up, and then I can't get back to sleep. Now is the time to stock up on sleep, damnit.
I did get to finally see The Dark Knight yesterday. It was darker than I thought it would be. It threw me off. I know that Chris Nolan is not of the school of so many Adam West/George Clooney Batmen, but I really wasn't expecting the complete inability to guess what was going to happen. That definitely constitutes it as great. I hate when I've got it all figured out. I loved Heath as the Joker; he completely blows Jack Nicholson out of the water.
I got to see folks I haven't seen since I quit working at the theater. It was nice. Dex was being his usual self and didn't move for Jade. He never has. He made sure to move as soon as I was sitting comfortably in the theater. We went to Steve's Jewel afterward to check his schedule, and his coworker Loretta said I don't look 9 months pregnant. It was nice to hear, considering the next door neighbor keeps telling me how big I'm getting. I know she means it well. I hope, if she ever finds out, that I call her Lou Pinella with all kinds of good intentions.
2 more weeks. Then Steve gets to hold him for a little while.
Also: Thank you, Clay, for renewing my interest in The Young Ones. I watched some last night and fell asleep during the episode titled Boring. It rekindled my love of Neil. I forgot how much I loved it, and just how unintelligible Mike is unless you're really paying attention.
You like my furry hood? I feel I may be overdressed for the desert
-
[image: Cholla Cactus]
11 years ago

5 comments:
I still have to see that movie.
first you sow the seed...
i have fourteen and four year old kids, and still havent gotten ready for their arrival
You try to get ready but no matter how well you think you are prepared something will still catch you with your pants down. I know telling you not to worry is like telling me to do that so instead I will say: You only have your first child one time, you can't do it over. So while you will worry and want things to go well and do the right thing try to stop and savor the sweetness of this time. Your last time with Steve where you are just a couple and not a family, yet, and kiss him extra. There will be many times you will be to tired and busy to think to do that for the next little while. Sit with your mom and ask her about when she was having kids, and your dad too. Call Grandma and remind her of waiting for her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. It is like the old saying goes: take the bitter (worry) but never forget the sweet. Then remember how much I love you.
p.s. I don't want to see the Dark Knight, does that make me a bad person?
I just mainly meant having a place for the baby to sleep. Everyone says he can sleep by me, but I don't want to roll over and squish him. I also don't have a hospital bag packed.
I'm so excited to see what he's going to look like, how much hair he'll have, all that good stuff.
And take some time to go see the new batman! I loved it.
Post a Comment