Saturday, March 15, 2008

Summit, Late Nights, and Rolling Stones. Oh My!

I have this insatiable lust for Tom Waits. There is a song where he says "I only want to hear you purr and hear you moan." and I really want to own the cd it's on, if only to listen to it lots and lots. I found out what album it's on today, but neither best buy or rolling stones had it. I did get some nice conversation with old friends in when I went to check for it. Plus, they had it in stock in the warehouse so I should have the cd by tuesday at the earliest. Plus, I told Paul if he wanted me back I'd come back in a heartbeat.

I miss Tall Paul. I miss not having to wear a gimpy little bow-tie.

Today the pregnant girl at work drove me home. I was bored, and she had errands to run, so I said I'd go with her. She said I didn't have to, as I might not like where she was going and what for. I told her I didn't mind as long as we weren't killing anyone. She said she'd enjoy the company.

We drive the half hour or so to Summit, IL. She drives down someone's alley, gives them $40 and grabs something out of his hand. Then, as we're driving away she examines the little tiny bag, and I have a fleeting thought while looking at the white powder.

That's not Ajax.

She said it wasn't for her, that she just picks it up for other people to make extra money. I can believe someone would do that when they're making $.50 less than minimum wage. I just don't know if it's insomnia or something else now, that's been making her weird at work. She's been extra hyper, but that could be a crazy hormone pregnant thing too. I'll choose to believe her now, as it makes me feel better, and I won't go borrowing trouble for things I can't change anyways. I don't mean to judge, as I really don't mind as long as it's not endangering me or mine. She seems really cool, if a little intense and fast-paced. I have to give her credit though, she's pregnant and alone for 2 weeks while her husband is in CA helping to open a new Portillos out there.

There's lots of not cynical reasons why she wouldn't do that stuff. I'm just letting the optimist take over on this one.

I'm off to Wisconsin for the weekend again. Hopefully this time I won't lose my glasses.

2 comments:

C.S. Perry said...

Tell her to try the ether. It's better for the fetus.
And, as facetious as that comment may have been, it's never wise to trust anyone who drives down blind alleys and exchanges money for anything in small bags; Ajax or not.

Unknown said...

stay away from the drug mule, it will lead to you having to crawl thru ductwork to kill the bad guys again