riding in a Sentra for an entire half of a week. Same as it ever was.
My legs were sore and my patience thin, but the trip was more than worth it. I feel like I gave good cheer to those in need. I got quality nephew time in. I got to eat good college food. Twice. I'm a bit spun from the fleeting trip, so I'll give highlights and hope you all won't mind.
The best thing about Jacksonville was everything, as usual. I got to bring home things that were my great grandma's, and I found some weird coffee mugs to bring back for megan amidst the Great Grandma knickknack rubble. They were covered in dust and other mugs but I still got an ok from my grandpa before leaving them with Megan. She collects weird mugs, so I feel like they'll have a nice new home. I got to see a blue Great Dane at my cousin Bret's. (for those not familiar, blue means gray when you're talking about dogs.) I also got to see Uncle Howard. It's always good to see him and see he's still up and about. It also kind of makes me sad that I have no memories of his wife. I'm sure we've been introduced, but I can't place her in my memory. That's all that's left of her now, and to not have something just seems terrible for someone who (by all accounts) was such a nice wonderful lady. Of course, the Grandma and Grandpa seeing was good too. It always is.
The day spent in St. Louis was a hectic one. It was a nice kind of hectic. We went a little past St. Louis to Kirkwood. There's this place called the Magic House. It's a children's museum. At first, Niko seemed more interested in the fish tank by the entrance. Then it seemed like he was five places at once. I think the only place he stayed still for more than 2 minutes was the room with all the water to play with. If he was older, he probably would've told us his face hurt from smiling so much. After we went through the whole museum we headed to the arch. It's pretty nice I suppose, and probably would've been nicer if we had gone up inside it. I just wasn't really impressed with it. Yes, it's big, but standing next to it and looking up at it just gave me vertigo. It's something best viewed from far away, which I got every time I went to GA. It has a little museum in the places underneath it, but it's one big room and not anything spectacular. I'm glad I went, but it's not anything I'd go out of my way to see again. I was more excited for the TGIFridays we ate at afterwards. Mario took a bunch of pictures, so hopefully I'll have some to put up somewhere soon.
That night involved going to Champaign to visit Mario's brother. I got some Kori time in the next day having lunch a second time. it worked out well, because I got to eat at the 2 most appetizing looking places on the strip. Also, best part about Champaign??? Busey Bank. I kept making jokes and getting blank stares. I wondered aloud if Gary or Jake owned it. Then, when we passed it again, I asked if you have to have big teeth to work there. Then I quietly mumbled how i'd stop, since it was a waste on all of those with me anyways.
Ok, so confession time: I've become addicted to America's Next Top Model. The girl I want to win almost went home yesterday and it made me nervous and kind of sad. Then I felt sad that I was that invested in the show. The things I do since I stopped working so much...
Oh! Before I forget, I got a paper in the mail saying I will be getting my medical card soon, and I think I can go to the doctor with that! I'm excited.
You like my furry hood? I feel I may be overdressed for the desert
-
[image: Cholla Cactus]
11 years ago

2 comments:
im glad you had a good trip, sounds like a whirlwind, like they all are...
It was fun. Anything involving Jacksonville usually is. I can handle a weekend of driving down there. Driving to you guys only for a weekend makes me feel like I got thrown off a mountain and then had to run 5 miles to the nearest hospital. It's too much driving and too little visiting, and I'm not even the driver!
Post a Comment