I am about to divulge details of a Neil Gaiman short story that he tucked away in the introduction of one of his short story collections. If you don't want to be spoiler'd then skip over this one. Heck, you probably should skip over it anyways. Anyways, here goes: It's about the perfect couple and their perfect wedding and a wedding present the wife finds a while after they're all settled post-honeymoon. It's a plain manila envelope with a detailed story of their marriage so far. As they continued to read it and as their marriage continued on the story in the envelope started to become the Murphy's Law version of their marriage. In the story marriage she lost her second child. The story husband started having an affair, etc. They both realized that while the story stayed in tact and in the envelope all the bad things about their marriage would stay on the pages and never happen.
Today is one of those days where I think I might've ruined the Murphy's Law envelope without even realizing it.
I think, in regards to relationships, I am broken.
You like my furry hood? I feel I may be overdressed for the desert
-
[image: Cholla Cactus]
11 years ago

3 comments:
Now why do you think that?
what malfeasance has occurred?
meh, not a whole lot. Or not a whole lot of anything different anyways. I'm just getting sick of repeating myself. And it seems like the rought patches have become a whole rough stretch of road.
Post a Comment