Sunday, November 2, 2008

All Hallow-ed out

Halloween was wonderful. I love our little tradition of Steve taking his vacation this time of year. He was lamenting having to go back to work today. I really wish he could find something with normal hours, that appreciates his tireless work ethic. Seriously, this guy called in once. It was because he had an eye infection and couldn't see to drive there. If he had had a ride there, he probably would've went in anyways.

Anyone know of any good jobs with decent benefits that pay around $11 an hour?

Anyways, Dexter trick or treated and we had so much fun. Then we got to be adults and go talk to other grownups. Well, sort of. I was the second oldest person there. The oldest was Ally's mom. One girl was talking about being 8 in 2000. I was 16 in 2000. :[ I guess it was just mainly shocking because before she said how old she was she was filling her large McDonalds sweet tea cup with Mike's Hard Lemonade and practically eating cigarettes.

That's just 2 years older than Patrick. I can remember wanting to do things like that when I was that age. I can only hope my son is like me and too scared to try the hard stuff. Yesterday Steve was saying he's so glad I don't really drink or smoke or anything. He said it made for one hell of a healthy son.

It was a fun party, and the beer made me miss my party days in GA with Justin. He had some wonderful friends.

Guh, this was supposed to be a decent update. It's just kind of bogging me down. I'm tired. The apartment is in stinky shambles and Steve's dad keeps leaving the front door open despite Steve telling him multiple times that the cold, while nice for him, is deadly for the iguana.

I cleaned and scrubbed the bathroom until my back hurt. I told Steve if the bathroom and kitchen weren't clean by november I was going back to my mom and dad's. I cleaned the bathroom of his dad's mess and Steve cleaned one side of the kitchen sink so I can wash Dexter's bottles, and his dad has done nothing. I haven't done anything either. There's no room at my mom and dad's and I don't really have anywhere else to go, or enough will to I suppose. Steve is wonderful and I really don't want to leave him, but I hate cleaning up after his dad just so my son can have a bath and clean bottles and not have to worry about getting some raging infection.

my mouth hurts, and I haven't had time to be able to sit and get school done. It's just kind of bumming me out.

2 comments:

Betty BeadBug said...

That is how it is when you grow up....always something. So you hold on to whats good with both hands and don't let go.

Anonymous said...

You're only 24? I was 22 in 2000. :)