Saturday, November 22, 2008

the needle tears a hole

the old familiar sting.

Dex has vaccinations on Monday. He also turns 2 months old that day. I'm so very scared for him and my reactions. I about fainted when Patrick had his for kindergarten. What am I going to do when the fruit of my loins is screaming. I'm also irrationally worried about vaccine reactions. He's been sniffly and coughing too, so I'm worried having a slight cold will make the vaccine reactions worse.

Sucks to your vaccines. I wish there was some way around them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fear vaccinations because of what's in them. I'm going to tell my wife to go get them done and just not tell me about it.

Junebug said...

First tell the dr.Dex has been sniffling and let him decide if he has a cold and maybe he can get the vaccinations later.If not think of what you would want him not to get the shots or to get the disease?Just turn away when he gets them or close your eyes.What you are feeling is peferctly normal.When my babies got theirs I was wishing it was me getting them.
When the shots are over you will pick him up and cuddle,hum or sing to him and he will be fine.You will too.

Jules said...

They are to tools of the emotional devil...but a necessary evil. Do what Gramy Grams says and talk to him. Then just hold on tight and gerneraly it goes pretty quick. I remember the passing out feeling..the nurse gave you a sucker. This time, be sure you are sitting down!

Anonymous said...

its how they keep track of you, your body has natural metals like iron and sulfate when you get vaccinated they give u 3mg iron 7mgsulfate and 3mg potassium making you 377. someone else gets a different weight making him patient 34456

Anonymous said...

You knew all the words at only 4? You rock!