Do I really know when he's hungry, or am I just shoving a bottle in his face when nothing else works to quiet him? I wait the predesignated 3 hours between each bottle but my brother's girlfriend was saying he should be going 4 hours between bottles now. I was considering giving him more formula because he seemed hungry earlier. I think it would be hard to put him on the path of bad eating habits so early, but I worry. My eating habits are crap.
It also would be nice to have a little 4 hour nap between feedings at night. The closer we get to the goal of sleeping through the night, the better.
The problem with babies is the consensus is most often contradictory.
You like my furry hood? I feel I may be overdressed for the desert
-
[image: Cholla Cactus]
11 years ago

5 comments:
Isn't it always? I just try to listen to all the advice and find what fits and works for us. Don't run with scissors...check. Feedings? Well every child and their appetite is going to be different so you can't really compare. When the boys were little like Bean I would just increase it by a 1/2 ounce to an ounce per feeding. Then see how they do. That way they are not overfilled or if they aren't really that hungry I am not wasting a huge amount either. You will find your way. You guys are having to learn one another. Sleep an oft remembered dream.....
never ever should a sentence about your child have the words"my brothers girl...."
I always feed them till they fall asleep.
When he's hungry for real...you'll know it.
He may need a little more formula then he's getting now.Try a little more and see what happens.If he's happy with it you'll know and you'll know if he's unhappy too.
If you can get him on a schedule that's okay.My babies made their own schedules.(Remeber their daddy worked nights to .It's a little different for them)He will probably do that too.
Remeber he's the learning baby.
xo
Post a Comment