Friday, January 18, 2008

...I was saying "Boo-urns"

Be wary, this is a long one.

I applied at Steve's Jewel yesterday. The minute I got home I went right to the computer and had it fired up and internet friendly. I left work early on wednesday with a false headache that I don't care if anyone believed. I had to get the fuck out of there. There's no way I was spending the last hour and a half of my day with someone who hates me because I spoke my mind about someone who was within earshot, and had every ample opportunity to defend herself.

Ok, so I bitched about someone while she was generally only an aisle away the entire night. I just don't care. I mean, I do, to some degree, as I'd rather not like to look like some bitchy, crazed Drama Llama. I just don't want to be there anymore.

Reason the First:
The managers don't back people up.
I have documented plenty of times that Mrs. Liver Cancer with a side of Weekend Alcoholism has not stepped up to the plate. Hell, step up to? She fucking lives in the dugout unless she feels like putting on a good show. Direct quote from when she thought I was just in the runnings to get a promotion: "Oh, looks like I have to start playing the game again." She's been suspected of drinking on the clock. She got taken away in a squad car under suspicion of stealing when Vince and Dumb Brunette stole all that stuff. She continually half asses her half assed-ness.

The last straw? When she left at her usual 4:30am time on monday morning, I was in the back room and the pharmacist was the only person on the floor. She just walked out. I told the manager who came in, and he said I had to talk to her. Fine. I understand, I'm a supervisor. I told him i would. She flat out lied to my (and TJ's) face and said she paged someone up to the front. Tj asked the Pharmacist and he said he didn't hear anything. When I told my managers (the store and assistant) There was a response of "Oh, yeah, sucks don't it?" Ok, that's not verbatim, but it's the general idea of what they said. WTF? how are they my superiors? Seriously, she's done all this, (and I'm not the only supervisor to have filed a complaint) and they don't even call her into the office to talk to her!

Reason the second:
I'm the person with the second lowest pay rate there. There are 5 people on Night Crew.

Gladys has been with the company for years. Fine. Plus, she's a supervisor. I'm fine with her making more. I started at $9 an hour back in late july. So did Liver Cancer. Two girls got hired right before December. Ok, maybe mid-December. I can't remember. It was around then. The one girl who does a wonderful job 110% of the time makes $10 an hour. I understand that $10 is a serious pay cut for her. Fine. She earns it. I'm ok. The other girl started at 9.50 an hour.

I got my raise, folks, I make 9.45. They triple my responsibility and I get $.45? No fucking way. I shouldn't be a supervisor and have more than half the crew make more than me, unless they've all been there for years. Not just 2 months.



I'm done with that place. Finished. I have an interview at Jewel on monday. The only thing that sucks is they want me to do the job Steve does, with him. And we're not supposed to let anyone know we're together. I applied to help the Scan Coordinator. I want to put the sale stickers up every week. I really don't know if I could function well enough to do the job Steve does. He'd probably fire me, and if he didn't, he'd have a hard time explaining why people who did better than me got fired and he kept giving me chances.

Nothing's final, and I still need to go talk to the Store Manager. I just really hope I find something that works out. I sure as hell wouldn't mind stocking since it would mean i wouldn't have to deal with customers, but Steve and I would probably never have the same days off. Ever. :(

Oh, it's a weary web I weave as of late.

1 comment:

C.S. Perry said...

The biggets problem that you now face is your complete failure to accept Jesus Chrust as your personal savior. Once you've done that...all other problems will vanish.
Also...if Jesus really loves me then why does he still make me wear a condom?