He was this guy I worked with at my old job. He rang in the new year last night by hanging himself. I wasn't really close to him or anything, so I feel bad being so torn up about it. He gave me rides home a few times and always offered to give me rides. He had all these crazy ideas and he helped the time pass at work by constantly coming up with new crazy things to talk about. I guess I feel closer to him because I liked working with him so damn much.
I was never a big fan of the genres of music his multiple bands played but I liked the stuff he and his friends made. It might have something to do with the fact that he was just a fan of music in general. Who knows?
Happy new year indeed.
You like my furry hood? I feel I may be overdressed for the desert
-
[image: Cholla Cactus]
11 years ago

3 comments:
Suicide is like having your hand in a vice; eventually, you just can't stand the pain any longer.
It seems wasteful and sad and maybe it is, but I can't condemn it as pointless.
For more valuable insight into Death, you should read "Life and Living It" at my place. It doesn't provide any answers but neither does it pose any questions.
Right On.
great way to begin a new year, I dont think death is painful, well other than the act that brings it about, its living that is painful. on the whole suicide doesnt hurt the one who does it as much as the ones who are left to keep going. I believe it shows weakness & lack of character, unless youre going to die anyway, terminal disease...
Erik was my cousin. He was closer to me than any of my cousins. He had somewhat of a tough upbringing because his parents are divorced, which lots of kids deal with. The problem was the fact that he was around "the wrong crowd". I remember when we were young around 10 yrs. old, he wanted to be in the wwf. When we became teenagers he wanted to learn guitar and be a rockstar. He didn't fit in with the cool crowd. Many don't. So he got involved with death metal type of music and at the same time got involved in heroin. I was in the Army and wasn't always around. The first time he attempted suicide I was completely shocked to hear he was using drugs period. He went to rehab, and started working out. Keep in mind that he was always a chubby kid, and I was always very skinny and still am. In a flash he was far thinner than even myself. I saw him every once in a while and he painted a pretty picture but I knew something was wrong deep down. New Years Day I got a phone call from our grandfather. He attempted suicide again and suceeded just as our uncle had years ago. He could not kick heroin addiction and he felt he had nothing to live for. He had too much to live for.
Post a Comment