Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Movin on Up

On sunday we looked at some condos. We narrowly missed seeing Steve's Dad, and found a place where we would feel comfortable raising Dex and maybe another one.

It is across the sidewalk from the place my family moved to when they first moved out to the suburbs. (Julie, Clay, and June will be most familar with this one.)

Let me give you a bit of an example because housing prices vary across the good Ol' US. We were looking at 2 bedroom condos that were 75K to 150K. Granted, the 150K ones were completely refurbished in the last 2 years due to a fire. They were purdy. Anyways, they were 2 levels, and 2 bathrooms, usually 1.5 bathrooms.

The place we're going to try and get has 2 floors, 3 bedrooms, kitchen full of appliances, A BASEMENT!, and 1.5 bathrooms. It's 81,900. The outside of the building looks like a jungle threw up everywhere because the guy who owns the townhomes you can rent thinks planting a million trees will make things look nicer. I choose to think it looks like I'm living in some ruined overgrown ancient city.

What I liked is no one gave me the stink eye, we wouldn't have to worry about running into Steve's Dad, and all the people and kids we saw were saying hi and being polite. Another big plus is I have a little bit of yard just big enough for some flowers and veggies. :D

I really, really hope we get this place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice price! Good luck!

Junebug said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you.
Hopefully you will hear back fast.
You will love being on your own.
It wil be like being born again.
Nothing like decorating a house like you want it to be.
xo