Wednesday, June 25, 2008

work

It's getting to be hell. I'm not trying to whine. I mean, full on, seventh circle heat sometimes. Today my chest felt like someone was sitting on it, and when I put my hand on my chest I could feel my heart pounding. It kind of felt like I was always out of breath. I'm chalking this up to the insanely oppressive heat behind the concessions counter.

I'm starting to feel the sting of choosing to be at my parents' house more than the apartment I share with Steve and the Thoughtless Wonder. I really almost wish he meant half the stuff he did maliciously. Then it would make some kind of sense and Steve and I wouldn't be pulling our hair out. Mainly I just wish his dad knew how to keep track of what day it is.

I looked back on some old livejournal entries that Justin posted last year when things got hairy. Whenever I feel bad about how things went down with him I always look at those. It makes me feel better about not choosing him and it makes me feel sad that I wasn't meaner to him. He really freaking deserved it most of the time. I'm so glad to be sharing my life and the life growing in my loins with someone who doesn't condescend, who tells me I can do anything but doesn't force me to "make something of myself". I'm so glad I'm with someone who's honest and can talk to me like I'm a normal person, even if I didn't go to college.

I'm almost done with work. Except I don't work with Jade or Melissa my last day. :( Also, my last day is the day I told him not to schedule me because I have a doctor's appointment. Way to go, Trevor! Oh well, he didn't seem to mind when I told him I'd probably be late.

Anyone want to wisk me away from the drama llamas at home? I really want to get away from it all.

ALSO! Steve and I have decided a condo might be a nice stepping stone towards getting a house. It sounds like an especially good idea when we think about how many people would be willing to rent it if we couldn't sell it. :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

pressure, take a big whiff... its all coming down now... but then you cant see it because you never went to college!!! hey wait... neither did i... (one red lego, i laughed my ass off over that one)

HeartofGoldPlate said...

It just kinda came to me. :D I was trying to think of what to write for the link and it came down to that or Alien Schedule.