Things are sliding along. Swimming, even. It's just the waters are getting full of reef.
Work on Saturday started off crappy. My head hurt and I felt nauseous. I took some tylenol shortly after I got there and it helped after awhile. I also got some real food in me. (Well, as real as Subway is.) Then the night progressed into a weird state of fun. We had someone under 21 being loud or something in the theater. When Ira (my boss) pulled him out of the theater, I saw Ira throwing out a pizza box. I wondered how our mumbly gangsta friend got it into the theater in the first place. Then I half heard conversations and loud word exchanges as I tried to pay attention to my job. Apparently the guy had had a few. The 2 cops who came in gave him a ticket for underage consumption. He was only 18, or so I heard. The best was the kid kept calling the cop "Dog" or "Dude" and I walked by one time post-"dude" and had to fight giggles as I heard the cop yell "Do I look like a dude to you?" Oh the possibilities if this were groundhog day...
Then, when I was on break, some lady fell in theater 6 and did some damage to her head. I don't know the severity, except that she was conscious. They called an ambulance for her.
THEN, even later on, while Ira was dealing with some gift card issue, the gangsta drunk kid came back, cigarette in hand. He gave no thought to putting it out as he walked right in the building. Ira was throwing him out, again, when another guy started throwing around loud words at Ira. I don't even know if he was with the drunk kid. I do know that he got on his cell and Ira said "Go ahead, please call the police." The angry guy then asked what Ira's name was. This is where it gets good: Ira holds out his hand for a shake and says "Ira Winner". His back was to me but I could hear the smile on his face. You'd think angry shouting man would have just read the big gold nametag. Sometimes, though, I expect too much from humanity.
This was a night like I haven't had since Rolling Stones.
This morning I woke up to Steve and his dad having some important sounding discussion. I heard his dad say that my negativity is making things worse. I kind of wish I had fought my better judgment and just listened to the rest of the conversation. Apparently he brought up the question of if I was pregnant. Then it became a 2 hour conversation about him cleaning his messes. He chose to just automatically say "Well if I have to clean you guys have to get the basement cleaned too." I would totally expect that from rival sibling 12 year olds. Not from someone who is in his mid-fifties. Especially when this person always talks down to Steve and I like we're 2.
He didn't say one positive thing about becoming a grandfather and when I asked Steve if it was because it was me who was pushing out the seed, Steve said probably. His dad yelled at me. His dad lied to police officers about me. I'm the negative bad guy??? So now Steve is all screwy and I wonder about us and where I'd go and what I'd do without him. I like to pretend I'd get along fine if he didn't want to be a Dad yet, but I really don't think I'd be as ok as I think.
Also, Ruby bit my hand and drew blood. I keep forgetting to request off at the theater, and I haven't got my recent insurance card in the mail.
All signs of the baby apocalypse? Am I not ready for this? Should I be passing it on to someone who is and can't do it themselves?
You like my furry hood? I feel I may be overdressed for the desert
-
[image: Cholla Cactus]
11 years ago

2 comments:
lifelifelife, take a big whiff, it just gets better...
Don't be so hard on yourself because someone who can't take care of himself acts like you are in the wrong. Maybe you are negative, aren't we all sometimes? It would be different if he were innocent but he isn't. As for cleaning up the basement - why? You aren't asking him to clean his private space. You asking him to clean up the communal areas that you guys have to share. If he needs help because he can't handle it he should say so. As for Steve he probably just feels bad. Frustrated for all the reasons that you are. Sad because his dad isn't excited. Wishing it could all be different with the living situation...that something that could be so cool isn't. It sucks all the way around. I hope your day goes better. xo
Post a Comment