It's sad when people I used to see almost daily are only glimpses on a feed on a networking website. These people who claimed to be my friends but scampered as quick as they could when I needed them most. I'm also kind of leery of the rationale behind someone's significant other being friends with me, and the person I used to know won't even send back an email. Or accept a friend request.
It was a rough day with Dex today, (and I'm going to get by a bunch of moms for saying this), his bad days are much worse because he's usually so mellow and calm otherwise. Sure, he can be a whiny brat, but only when he really needs something. It's rough to not be able to fix things for him. I know I'm pretty crazy, but my mind goes bad places when he starts acting like something's wrong.
P.S. on the Dex front, he might need a helmet to help shape his head. Apparently he's got plagiocephaly. He definitely has torticollis. Poor little guy looks like he's constantly resting his left ear on his shoulder. We go for physical therapy on wednesday. Here's hoping that his ears only look asymmetrical because he's always tilting his head.
I've been wondering who I fucked karmic-ly because (omitting all things related to Dex) I've had a shit year. I don't want to say things have gone bad ever since I got serious with Steve, but they kind of have. I think if we just had a couple days to ourselves we could sit and think all this through and figure out wtf is wrong. I think that lack of sleep has made us unable to sift through the crap so we bicker about EVERYTHING. Not in front of Dex, but it's started seeping that way. I don't like it. Part of me thinks that if he really loved me he'd have asked me to marry him by now. I'm sort of just resigning myself to being a girlfriend forever and am looking into decently priced insurance policies because unless I have his last name, I won't be on Steve's. (which is like, reason #5 billion why it'd be nice if we were legally bonded. Definitely not top of the list, but nice)
I am looking forward and I'm thinking of vacations in the future and the possibility that Steve's mom and stepdad will be out of town this weekend. Here's hoping!
Somebody tell me I'm doing things the right way. Somebody remind me that while nice guys may finish last, the wait is TOTALLY worth it. Right? RIGHT?
Somebody stop me from hitting Steve's dad until he pays Steve back for not only all the rent/bills paid, but also all the fucking CRAP we dealt with over there.
To counteract all this silliness, I bring forth the funny:

4 comments:
Cute. :)
Ah yes the clean sweep. Sometimes I look at my on line "friends" and think...how did they even end up on my page? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but unless I really know you, or you have something on your page that is a common interest or maybe we have actually "spoken" then it seems silly to keep one another just for a high number count that I don't really care about anyway. As for nice guys, it is worth the wait but I won't lie and say that the wait isn't hard. The confusion over it means that you still aren't sure in general and if you aren't sure than there is always hope. Parents of newborns do have it hard. You're learning as you go, sleep deprived, hungry, busy, lacking patience....makes every other things seem bigger and harder because you are already at a deficit. Breath and remember that he is getting bigger every day and sleep will come. As for his helmet and his little ears..he will be ok. He has a great parents, a good doctor and an extended family who loves him dearly. I mean seriously, he comes by the big head honestly..y'know?
NOw, hurry up and get here already. The boys are so impatient to see you. James asks me once a day if it is time yet and looks at the door. Gruncle and I are pretty excited too.
xo xo xo
Breathe! Take a deep breath and let it out slowly.
You are going through what a lot of young couples are.
maybe you and Steve could find a little apartment for you,him and Dexter.I've said it all along you guys need your own space.
with Pt and wearing a helmet Dexter will be fine.Big heads run in our family.At least it was caught by the dr and it's being fixed.
I wished you guys could of been here for grandpa's birthday.
He had a good day.
xo
I left you something on my blog...xo.
Post a Comment