Friday, January 23, 2009

C.S.Lewis Be Damned!!!

I just finished reading the last book of the Narnia series, aptly titled The Last Battle. This is the second, maybe third time I've reread all of the books. The last time I finished The Last Battle I told myself I didn't need to read it again. It'd just depress me.

I did, and it did. I haven't been sleeping so well lately anyways. I think it might have to do with the stress of moving and my wrist thing and being the only one of the three of us who can get anything done. It doesn't help that I can only get things done in the rare and random spans of 20 minutes that Dex decides is a decent amount of sleep.

I need someone to watch him for a good 8 hours or so. Then I can just get a big chunk of it packed and over to Steve's moms and then the rest will be easier to maneuver in the space left from whatever we take over there/get rid of.

I bit my tongue and it still hurts. I swallowed food that was warm on my tongue and burned my esophagus on saturday. It still hurts, but not as much as it had been. I just want to be done with school. Wait, scratch that. I want to have time to work on school. I want to be moving into our own house that Steve and I paid for. I want Steve's dad to stop being an ass and saying things like he doesn't want to sweep up the dried cat vomit on the rug upstairs because the baby is here (I don't know, I didn't catch the entire sentence, but knowing him that's all that he said) and feign some sort of interest in Dex's health when other folks are around and then smoke like a g-d chimney around the kid when told us he didn't want to smoke around him.

Arg. Stop me next time I get stuck on that worthless piece of trash. I don't want to waste anyone's time and let him ruin anyone else's day.

I need some good news. I need to be visiting with people. I need to call Johan back, and call Kori and get out of this stupid funk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel ya.

Junebug said...

Don't thinkabout the negative people.
Those 20 minutes Dex is slepping pack your little heart away.
Wish I were closer he and I would have a ball and you could pack away.
Just think about where you are going and it will pep you up.have some of your friends come over for play with Dex/help me pack party.
xo

LC said...

Aw Man! That sucks.

Hey, I'll tell you the secret to Narnia. You have to read the whole deal up until the last half the "The Last Battle." I've done that... three times.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what happens at the end, but I know it's bad. People always ask me how I feel about the end of the series, and I say, "Great! Because I only read about halfway through the last book." Seriously, why torture yourself with the only mistake CS Lewis made. Pretend it ends some other way, like I do. In my mind, the kids just keep going back to Narnia for eternity, and everyone lives happily ever after. Forever. Period.

Good luck with all of your other deals going on. I'd babysit for eight hours if you wanted. Come on down. I'll watch Dex for two days if you want to go on a bender or anything. Or if you just wanted to file some papers and wash some clothes I'd watch him then too..