Yeah, he forgot. He always does. When I brought this up he said "if it was yesterday I would've remembered!"
Sometimes I feel like the Good Boyfriend Academy. All the ones I've broken up with have gone on, heeding my advice, and been wonderful men to their ladies.
In other news, we moved a chunk of our stuff to Steve's Mom's yesterday. It made me feel so much better! When we got back, his Dad was firing up the vacuum and said "You better put him in the bedroom I'm starting this" Somehow, I would think it would be better if he cleaned (vacuumed) the dried cat vomit on the rug upstairs. He has it in his head he shouldn't vacuum it up while the baby is around. I just replied as I walked down the stairs "It can't be any more harmful than you smoking in the same room as him" and he didn't have anything to say to that. He does NOT get to feign interest in my son's lungs' health when it means he doesn't have to get up off his butt to clean.
Anyways, onto the funny: Before he starts up the vacuum, we hear him start up some music on his computer. Then, after the song is over, it plays again. I realize he's got this song on a loop:
Steve and I just kind of give each other a look, and we go about our business, rounding up things and getting settled for a nice long rest after lugging most of our stuff by ourselves. I noticed the amount of bottles were wearing down so I rounded up the dirty ones and went to go wash them. (All this time Cats in the Cradle is repeating). I get upstairs and Steve's dad has headphones on and is watching TV. (This way he can hear his TV without having it loud enough to make us deaf downstairs)
So, he has his computer playing that damn song, LOUDLY, on repeat, just for Steve. I told Steve that his Dad is watching TV, not even listening to the computer, and Steve just laughed at his Dad's attempt at a guilt trip. Or maybe it's some screwed up apology? I don't know what to think. I do know that he saw us lugging boxes out of the apartment, and probably thought "Oh No. Shit just got real." His son is leaving on bad terms and his grandson is going with him.
What really sucks is I had no qualms about that song until now. It's going to henceforth be known as the "Steve's Dad's Guilt Trip" song.
It also kind of makes me giggle. It's like he expects Steve to run up there, crying, saying everything's ok.
A sidenote: Steve and I were damn near destitute when we were covering the bills and the rent. The bills got paid though. Steve's dad has enough to cover rent and everything and have some left over, and he has repeatedly let the cable bill get so overdue they've shut it off. :[
We had to pay the $200 bill this time. I've never said the serenity prayer so much to myself in my life.
You like my furry hood? I feel I may be overdressed for the desert
-
[image: Cholla Cactus]
11 years ago

1 comment:
I hate vacuum cleaners.
Post a Comment