Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It all started with that shoe on the wall...

Dexter is officially sleeping through the night. It's too bad his night starts at midnight. No earlier.

I had the most wonderful time with him last night. After Steve left for work we went and laid down in the room, he on Daddy's pillow, me on mine. I brought the 1 fish 2 fish Red Fish Blue Fish and Wacky Wednesday and read to him. After the books were read I looked down at the little guy and saw the heavy eyelids and the epic battle to stay awake that was taking place. Within a minute, he was out.

For the past month I've had to rock him to sleep if I wanted to see any kind of decent results! I wish I had known the sleepy powers of Mr. Theodore Geisel sooner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work! At least you can get some sleep now.

Junebug said...

What a rewarding time.
Reading to your little one .It was so relaxing he went right off to sleep.
As he gets older and you change your voice to the characters in the story he will lvoe it.
Keep reading to my little boyfriend and give him hugs and kisses from his grams and gramps.