So Steve was the shirtless guy on Wednesday night's episode of cops.
Let me preface with the fact that Steve and his dad are loud when they argue. I'd be loud with Steve's dad too. He's worthless, and I think going absolutely insane. Or he might just be dumb. On wednesday when Steve got home in the morning he asked his dad to fix his broken windshield wiper. His dad said he had a new one that had been lying around, and once he found it, he'd put it on. Three days before this, Steve had told his dad he had to clean the shithole kitchen, otherwise I wouldn't make fried chicken. (Just so the public knows he had three days.) This man eats because of us, has a home for him and his cats because of us, and he has next to no other obligations but fixing the windshield wiper, and cleaning up the kitchen he himself let go to shit. I got home around 5pm or 6pm. Somewhere in there. Steve's dad was gone, to his brothers or something. neither of us knew. The internet wasn't working, the kitchen was 1/5 of the way clean, and he hadn't touched the windshield wiper. Justifiably, Steve was really, really pissed. He called his dad to try and fix the internet and his dad gave him a bunch of things to do that didn't work. It ended up being that they hadn't realized the bill was due. (Which is weird, because the cable still worked.)
Anyways, Steve and his dad start arguing about whatever, and I come up and get frustrated with the fact that Steve does all this shit for his ungrateful father and his father does nothing. I point that out. I think I said something like "Steve bends over backwards for you and you don't do anything" He got this scary angry look on his face and just pointed at me. Steve started yelling at him about how he ABSOLUTELY does not get to do that to me. Then Steve's dad says he doesn't have to take my shit. I said something along the lines of "What did you have to do today besides fix the goddamn wiper? What did you waste your time with? You just sat on your ass by the computer and slept" He ignored me the entire time I spoke to him so I went downstairs, called my brother to come pick me up, and got my coat on. When I got upstairs I screamed (as it was the only way to get a word in edgewise) "I don't have anything I want because I support you." and then he, Steve's DAD had the gall to say "How long did I support you?" to steve. Um... he's Steve's father, and it's not Steve's fault he decided to fuck Steve's mother. It's his fucking obligation to support Steve, as he's partly to blame for Steve being in the world. We could also take into effect that he supported Steve after he turned 18. Fine, let's go through that, Steve got the job at Jewel when he turned 19, he's 21 now, and he's been supporting his dad for close to three years. Ok, so Steve is, hands down, the winner of the who spent more money competition. Glad to know that's all steve's dad cares about. Not his son, just the fact that he had to support him.
Anyways, at this point I'm disgusted beyond words, but I turn towards the door, Steve tells me not to go, and Steve's dad says something like "Oh yeah, just run away" (When he wouldn't even acknowledge my presence in the argument anyways.)I told Steve's dad "Go Fuck yourself you piece of shit" and then I walked out. As I started walking out of the apartment complex a cop car stopped me and asked where unit 33 was. I told him, knowing full well he was probably looking for my apartment too. I kept walking. I saw two more cop cars drive by, then Steve called me. I started walking back, and a car pulled up and the officer started asking me questions. Steve called me and told me to have the officer bring me back and talk to me there. I told the cop I wanted to just go back to the apartment, and something came on the radio, and he suddenly drove back to the apartment. I walked back and found out their entire shift was out at my apartment that wednesday night because Steve and his dad wouldn't let them in the apartment to do a well-being check. (I found out later it was because the cop who got to the door first was a complete asshole and swearing at them and stuff. His sergeant yelled at him for it.) I get into the apartment, the sergeant and another cop finally come in and walk through (After steve's dad screams at them to close the screen door so his cats don't get out.)
This is where it gets really fucking wonderful. Steve's dad told the Sarge that we were all arguing because I had quit my job without having another one. I swear to god he's fucking insane, and I absolutely loathe any extra minute I'm at this piece of shit apartment. I need out of here, but it would kill Steve. He said his dad is supposed to get his money soon. I'm sorry, a million dollars wouldn't be worth putting up with that worthless piece of shit. I thought I hated Christina, I thought I hated Justin. No way. I absolutely 100% hate everything about Steve's Dad. And I hate being like this. I've never been this constantly on edge and angry in my entire life. If nothing is done by the time the lease is up in September I'm moving out. It will kill me to leave Steve, but I can't put up with this. Truthfully, I'm kind of scared of his dad.
Alright, anyways, the cops leave, and I go out with them and tell them thank you and I'm sorry they wasted their time. I told them I wasn't scared, and I was just leaving so I didn't end up saying things I would regret. They told me I'm the smartest person in this apartment. It made me feel bad for Steve, because I know he's going through a lot of B.S. I told them that.
So I spent Wednesday night by my mom and dad's and will probably be spending a lot more nights there when Steve works, freezing basement or no. And one of these days I'm going to get my few little boxes out of Megan's apartment. (I really, really regret moving out of there. I should've tried to convince Steve to move in there.) I'm going to Wisconsin today though, and I'm excited for that. I'm taking the train by myself. I've never taken the metra there yet. Well, once with Kori, but never by myself.
Gladys, my old supervisor at CVS, called me last night and told me if I went in and talked to Noel I would probably have my old job back. I told her if Noel wants me back, he can call me. I really don't want to beg for that job back.
Wednesday night was just full of crazy. Never could get the hang of wednesdays.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I really hope that you guys peeled off your shirts & did all this yelling with over done southern accents.... take steve & find another place
Post a Comment