Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fistful of Robots

The blatant hint worked!!!!

Lookee what I got:

It's an online and printed thing, so if I really want to read them, I could just go to pbfcomics.com. Now, though, I can show the twisted wonderful nature of the genius author/artist to people on the bus. Everyone at my parents house (Mum, Pop, Sis, Nephews, Boyfriend, Friend Liz) looked through it. Ok, maybe not the nephews. I'm sure Niko would've been plenty enthralled with all the pretty colors, even if he couldn't understand them.

I'm a bit torn about a situation, and don't really know if I'm in the wrong. My brother and his girlfriend aren't speaking to my sister and her boyfriend. I'm not exactly sure why. I'm purposely not getting involved. I want to stay neutral. Yesterday night, my parents got pizza and cake and sang happy birthday and we all had a good time. My brother and his girlfriend stayed in their room. I went up there once or twice, to get the baby when they asked me if I wanted to. Other than that, I didn't see them, and they (to the best of my recollection) didn't say happy birthday.

When I got home, I sent him a text message similar to one he sent my mom on her birthday. I simply said "thanks for spending time with me on my birthday" He sent me a text message back saying "Don't make me feel bad because you didn't come upstairs."

Ok, I try my best not to be selfish. I'm just wondering... Why am I supposed to go out of my way on the one day a year when it's about me??? Am I wrong for that? I sent him a text message back saying "It's my birthday. If the situation were reversed you'd be saying the same thing and be just as sad."

He didn't say anything back, and the worst thing is, now i'm afraid he's going to stop speaking to me too.

Good news time: a new girl started at work today, and she's pregnant too! She's 5 months, but she got hired, so I took that as a sign and told the friend who hired me that I am, but haven't been to the doctor yet. He smiled and said "A little Steve!" and we joked about how the baby is going to come out with a great bushy beard.

I'm still wary of telling everyone. I know I'm further than last time, but when I made it pretty public I started bleeding the next morning. As much as I may be over last time, it gets to me at the most unpredictable times. I am so scared that things aren't right, or that i've made some kind of mistake and i hurt the bean or something. This time has at least on big difference from last time, I haven't bled at all, and I spotted the entire time I was pregnant last time.

Paranoia loves a buffet at an overactive imagination. I mean, all-out-pockets-with-ziploc-bags love. As soon as I think about how its great that I'm not gagging and fighting nausea all the time anymore, i think it's stopped because it's a false positive or something.

I need to try and sleep while I'm ahead. Off to go change into my robot boxers! That's right, I said Robot Boxers.

You know you wish you had some. :D

5 comments:

Clay Perry said...

don't you get tired of the drama?

HeartofGoldPlate said...

Who cares about drama when one has Robot Boxers???

did you check out pbfcomics.com?

it bears your surname my friend.

Betty BeadBug said...

Robot boxers? You didn't get us any? Well, that is it. Now I am not speaking to you either.

HeartofGoldPlate said...

it was the last pair. And I won't get to wear them for very long. The elastic is way too tight already. :(

C.S. Perry said...

My boxers ARE a robot. I can't sleep in them becasue they activate late in the night and then they scurry about on tiny robot legs and go about the metallic machinations of their positronic minds as busily as they can. Who knows what they do and where they go in the night? But such is the life of artificial intelligence. Or at least that's what I've heard. But it's fun to sleep naked anyway, robots or no.