Dexter went to the doctor today. Other than the usual "he looks great!" he got shots. Last time he was fine. If it weren't for the Tazmanian Devil band-aids you'd never tell he had them. This time he was a handful, literally. He is 18lbs now. He's 26 inches long. He didn't want to be put down. He was warm all day. He was not feeling good and not caring who knew it. He screamed for the better part of an hour tonight.
I haven't really had a need to sing my son to sleep in some time. We have our little routine down and I rock him and he's out. I could not get him completely asleep today. After an hour of him falling asleep and then yelling at me when I laid him down I was at my wits' end. I finally just started singing. It took 2 rounds of "Strawberry Fields Forever", "Ground Control to Major Tom", "Me and Bobby McGee", and "The Man Who Sold the World" to get him to sleep. Turns out my son likes David Bowie when he's feeling blue and there's nothing I can do.
It sure felt good to have Steve pass a screaming baby over to me and be able to calm him just by singing to him. I don't have the best voice, but I guess it's alright when singing David Bowie songs.
We're moving more stuff tomorrow if the little guy cooperates. He seems to be feeling better. Here's hoping he gets a solid 8 hours of tylenol feuled sleep. Poor little bunny. :[
39" Hand Carved Oak Walking Stick
-
39" hand carved oak walking stick $50 you can contact me at 678-423-6541 or
via email at crickhollowcarving@gmail.com
13 years ago

2 comments:
My poor little boyfriend.It's rough getting shots.
I'd rather see him a little fussy from getting shots then get the diseases.
Your singing is nice and soothing.
You know what your son enjoys.
xo
Don't say that about your voice - you rock. Last night James was performing "rock" songs for us and Grandma was remembering another little someone who would do the same. You have been singing as long as you have been talking.
Post a Comment