Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Great Sleep-In

Last night he ate at 9:30, fell asleep at midnight, and woke up at 5am to eat more. He fell back asleep and it's 10am right now and I don't hear a peep from that room. I'm waiting until the last minute to wake Steve so he can get a nice nap in since he's off tonight.

Things are screwy, we're getting kicked out of the apartment, and subsequently moving to Steve's mom's house. I'm so glad. I baked most of my holiday cookies over there and it's nice dammit. Plus, she's another in the camp of "Steve's dad is crazy so don't mind him when he says you're not raising your son right"

It will be nice to be in a place where I can help my son through crying fits without worrying what Steve's dad has told the neighbors about me and worrying what they'll think because of it.

It will be nice to live with adults who clean up after themselves. We'll have half the space, but it's going to be sooo much better.

I got a bunch of clothes for Dexter yesterday. A friend of mine from high school dropped off the clothes she had left from when her 5 year old was little. He grew fast like Dexter is, and he's kind of tall and lanky, so there's a lot more pants instead of sleepers. My poor little guy seems to outgrow sleepers so fast. He's all legs.

In other news, my back still hurts, and my wrist still hurts, but I think the back thing is getting better and I think the wrist thing is tendinitis. Anybody know what the cure is for that before I go trying to find a doc who'll take the medical card? I'm not wasting mine and steve's time and taking a baby to the doctors office if I only get a prescription of "wrap it up and take some advil."

Ok, so today is the blog entry of run-on sentences. sorry about that. My grammar has been lacking. I'll blame it on the hurried state of affairs of late and hope you'll all forgive me. :D

Somebody come babysit so I can start packing!

5 comments:

Clay Perry said...

why are you getting kicked out? im glad youre headed to a better place...

C.S. Perry said...

I think it was Horace Greeley who said:
"Go West Young Man!"
But what he really meant was: South.

Anonymous said...

That's what I hate about babies. Always growing out of their clothes.

HeartofGoldPlate said...

I would go south, but Steve likes his job, and I like his job security. I hear GA is a right-to-fire state, as in my 9 months pregnant friend just got laid off and is without insurance.

No way I'm going south, Jose.

Junebug said...

Glad you are moving somewhere where you will be happy.
It's nice you will be with people who care about their surroundings and who pick up after themselves.
Clean as you go and do and you will be fine.