I'm talking potholders, and circle potholders at that!
They're similar in design to the hats. In fact, they consist of the beginning of the hats and then you just slip stitch them together!
For those not familiar with the hat design, I'll post it here too.
Same abbreviations as always. ch=chain, sl st= slip stitch, dc=double crochet.
Ch 4. Join with a sl st to form a ring.
Round 1: Ch 2 (counts as first dc here and throughout), 9 dc in ring. 10 dc total.
Round 2: Ch 2, dc in same st. 2 dc in each stitch around. 20 dc total.
Round 3: Ch 2, 2 dc in next st, dc in next st. (2 dc, dc, 2 dc) around. 30 dc total.
Round 4: Ch 2, dc in next st. 2 dc in next st. (dc in next 2 st, 2 dc) around. 40 dc total.
Round 5: Ch 2, dc in next 2 st. 2 dc in next st. (dc in next 3 st, 2 dc) around. 50 dc total.
Round 6: Ch 2, dc in next 3 st. 2 dc in next st. (dc in next 4 st, 2 dc) around. 60 dc total.
Round 7: Ch2, dc in next 4 st. 2 dc in next st. (dc in next 5 st, 2 dc) around. 70 dc total.
Make 2.
With the wrong side of the potholders facing each other, line them up so the ch 2s are together. Start stitching them together here. Make sure to chain 1 so you have something to slip stitch into when you're done. This is very similar to putting granny squares together. You work only in the back loops of the stitches, slip stitching your way around the circles.
Another variation is to use single crochet to put them together. If you choose this option, put an extra single crochet every 6th stitch. It continues the increase (imagine that, you can now say you've worked a dc increase! It's really just 2 dc in one stitch. This pattern reading seems hard but it's not. If I can get it, anyone can.) and prevents the potholders from trying to become a hat.
When you get to where you started, ch 12. Slip stitch into that chain 1, and you're good to go. Cut the yarn and weave the ends in.
Here's one I've made. If you guys make some, post the pictures!

2 comments:
I am so going to make some and promise to post pictures of the hats I made soon...school starts this week and I have also had to schedule surgery...what little mind I have left seems to not be functioning....xo
I find it very unfair that I am not allowed to add extra hours to the day in order to allow me to post the photos of the hat and to make some pot grabbers...in fact it kind of pisses me off.
Post a Comment