If I'm sneaking into a downward spiral, you can bet your collective hats I'm not gonna fight it anymore.
Tonight was one of those nights. I have had a cold for a week that leaves me sounding like a 50 year-old (who smoked for 40 of those years) ex-Copa dancer who got a job at a diner to supplement the social security. There are those who call me Lola. I currently sound like a past-her-prime showgirl.
I have been extra tired because the little guy is getting mobile. This is playing hob with his ability to switch off and stay asleep. This, in turn, has messed with my ability to stay asleep.
In short, I'm tired dang it.
I had a visit from my Mom and Fox today. We walked to the park and I got to take pictures (my addiction of choice) and all around had fun and got WORN OUT. I got to see Fox dying to climb into the bathtub and watch the proceedings as I bathed Dex. It was a high point in the evening. Hell, a high point in the week. (we'll exclude sunday, because that's a day all on it's own.)
Earlier in the evening I got to fight Dex to get him to eat the sweet potato I lovingly baked for him. He wouldn't touch it until I mixed it with his squash and some bananas. I was rewarded for my efforts with his deciding to "see a man about a wallaby" right there, in his high chair. I go to change him and end up half covered in crap myself. :( At that point we notice Fox had managed to sneak one in too, that was slowly leaving it's mark on his pants.
In short, surrounded by shit.
After the clean-up and after the park we hung around watching Backyardigans until both boys were adequately sleepy-eyed and said our goodbyes. I laid Dex down to sleep and got all cozy at the computer to start working on school and taking all too many "breaks" and reading the SomethingAwful Forums. The internet wasn't working. I checked the modem. All the right lights were stable. All the right lights were blinking. I checked out router. It usually has 4 blue lights, wired, router, modem, and internet. The modem light was orange and blinking. I restarted the computer. Twice. I shut the computer down. I cut the power to both the modem and router. Twice. I was at my wits end. I involved Steve in the mess and got him nice and frustrated before work. I endured snarkiness from Steve's Stepdad. I about tore my hair out trying to stop that little orange light from blinking so the internet light right after it would go ahead and turn blue.
After some conversing with Mario, I was sure the modem was done for and I was ready to yell upstairs to the StepDad that I was right, and a call to comcast would have to be made. Steve told me to try and unplug the cable from the modem. (this should adequately illustrate my complete lack of self-faith/knowledge of anything electric) I asked "The one you have to unscrew?" He said yes and I gave it the go ahead.
In short, I kick that modem/router's ass. (as can by adequately illustrated by my presence on the internet now.)
I have been getting angry about Steve's Dad. (so angry it scares me). I have been quick to sadness, anger, and happiness. I fear mania. I fear malnutrition. I fear the staple still left in my skin from the point of exit my son used in the latter part of last year. Then I fear the fear is something new.
In short, I need to stop watching House M.D.
I sure hope I'm not going crazy, but if I am, just let me follow it down.
You like my furry hood? I feel I may be overdressed for the desert
-
[image: Cholla Cactus]
11 years ago

3 comments:
Your not crazy, you have a small child. If you go crazy we can hold hands and all go down together. Lola, I named you well didn't I? xo xo
wv: blest....it really is.
Lola. I like that.
I like it to AG. Lola because she was always walking around singing...making grand entrances down the stair case just like a show girl...except she was singing Joplin of course. :-)
Post a Comment