It's a comedy of errors, you see. It's about taking a fall.
I'm using Elliot Smith lyrics to relate to Yo Gabba Gabba. Folks, my life has come full circle.
Today was supposed to be a day of cleaning. Dexter was supposed to go visit his Grandma. When she takes him it's usually from around 9 or 10am, and she keeps him until 4:30 pm. This is so nice, and not only because of all the free time. When we were living with them, she actually said she couldn't watch him so we could go grocery shopping because, and I quote, "We're watching Lost, and you kind of have to pay attention to that." Basically, I had to take my infant son out in the cold and rain so she could watch a recording of a tv show. A recording she could pause, if she wanted to.
Ok, I better not let this spiral into how selfish and irresponsible everyone but Steve's Grandparents have been his entire life. I should focus on how nice it is that she's trying now. It'd be nice if she could get a handle on the fact that she gets fall-down drunk twice a week, but I am under the assumption she's sober when she's with Dexter, so I can't fault her at present.
In more local news, I'm considering opening up an Etsy shop. Does anyone know if this is worth it? It's going to be crocheted stuff. It's probably going to get lost in the sea of great things on Etsy already, but if I'm going to be crocheting anyways, why not try and make some money while I'm at it, right? Does anyone have any Etsy advice for me?
Anyways, as I was saying, today was supposed to be my day to get things done. Steve's mom called and said she was sick, so I was stuck with my still messy house, and a 17 month old that won't sleep, no matter how much I bribe/rock him. He took a half-hour nap today. He woke up 3-5 times last night. I lost count. :(
I'm sitting here, trying to not care that everything is everywhere and focus on the little things I was able to get done. I'm telling myself she said she'd babysit this Friday, so I can definitely get things done then if I'm too tired to get them done when Dexter goes to sleep tonight.
You like my furry hood? I feel I may be overdressed for the desert
-
[image: Cholla Cactus]
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment